Director of Nursing - CCRC
Downers Grove, IL
Fleet Landing is seeking an experienced Director of Nursing for our distinctive Continuing Care Retirement Community in Atlantic Beach Florida.
** Relocation assistance is available. **
Filled with great stories and storytellers, Fleet Landing can change the story of your life.
Fleet Landing is already Northeast Florida’s most desirable senior living community. And now, we’re adding even more independent living and supported living residences with our exciting North Point expansion. Innovative thinkers and doers thrive here and help us remain relevant in ever-changing times. Fleet Landing currently has over 140 healthcare beds including a post-acute unit, long-term care, assisted living, and memory care. Our latest expansion, Beacon Pointe at Fleet Landing, will bring 128 new Independent Living Residences including 30 new skilled nursing beds, and 38 new assisted living to our thriving community!
Fleet Landing is seeking an experienced Director of Nursing who is responsible for the day to day direction, coordination and general supervision of skilled nursing care within the skilled nursing facility. Responsibility spans development, organization, implementation and evaluation of programs in accordance with the Medicare Conditions of Participation, Accreditation Standards, State licensure requirements, and the policies and procedures of the skilled nursing facility. The position is responsible for operations, budgets, and oversight of full time, part time and PRN staff.
WELLInspired™ EMPLOYEE BENEFITS:
Our residents deserve the best, and so do you. We offer generous benefits in addition to meaningful work, enriching community and a competitive salary. Full-time benefits include a generous 401(k) match, 90% of medical premium costs employer-paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day one, and extraordinary scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
Take a quick tour and learn more about us here:
Find a career here, and you can add depth and meaning to your story beyond what you can imagine!
How you will make an impact:
• Having responsibility for day-to-day direction as well as operational and budget oversight. Develops and implements procedures for the safe operation of all nursing service equipment and sufficient level of medication and supplies.
• Plans, develops, organizes implements, evaluates, and directs the Nursing Services of the Skilled Nursing Facility, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines.
• Develops, implements, and maintains an ongoing quality assurance program for nursing services. Participates in surveys by authorized government agencies.
• Develops, implements, and maintains written nursing service objectives and standards for nursing care practices with procedures for implementation. Participates in the interviewing and selection of Residents for admission, including the ICF/MR pre-annual screenings.
• Serves on, participates in, and attends various committees of the facility, i.e. Infection Control, Policy Advisory, Pharmaceutical, Quality Assessment and Assurance, and others as required by the Health Center Administrator.
• Determines the staffing needs of the facility necessary to meet the total nursing needs of the Residents and maintains compliance with state required staffing standards. Delegates to the Unit Managers the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary to perform their assigned duties.
• Bachelors degree in Nursing preferred. Must hold a current valid RN license with ability to obtain license to practice nursing in the State of Florida (with our assistance).
• 5 years minimum RN experience
• 3 years minimum; five (5) years preferred DON experience.
• Must have knowledge of all details of nursing care in med/surg and geriatrics. Previous experience in a convalescent home (Senior Living, Skilled Nursing Facility, CCRC, etc.) or general hospital in a leadership capacity (Charge Nurse, ADON, DON).
Fleet Landing is consistently rated one of the best continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) in Florida, integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
"Fleet Landing Supported Living" currently has over 140 healthcare beds including a post-acute unit, long-term care, assisted living, and memory care. Fleet Landing Beacon Pointe, will bring 128 new Independent Living Residences including 30 new skilled nursing beds, and our latest expansion: 38 new private Assisted Living residences to our thriving community!
Take a tour of our North Point expansion:
The Therapy Center at Fleet Landing is expanding in second quarter of this year to offer short term rehab in a unique collaboration with a local acute care hospital. The team will focus on clinical programs to include a neurologic specialization. This exclusive opportunity will allows our staff to train from local clinical leaders and work alongside a dedicated and compassionate team. The Therapy Center at North Point is the next step for post-acute rehab. We’re also the first Continuing Care Retirement Community in the nation with a food truck, and the first to launch a community bike share program.
About Northeast Florida:
Jacksonville, perfectly positioned along the Atlantic Ocean in Northeast Florida, is a natural paradise for visitors looking for an affordable yet luxurious destination. The region offers locals a laid-back lifestyle with 20 miles of wide and uncrowded beaches offering the most vivid sunrises, nearly 40 miles of intercoastal waterways and tranquil sunsets, camping and hiking in state recreation areas, and opportunities to attend professional sporting events such as the Jaguars NFL games or the PGA Players Championship in nearby Ponte Vedra. According to U.S. News, the cost of living in Jacksonville FL is lower than the national average with rent at $1,019 and median home prices below $200k. We are ranked #13 as best place to retire.
Want to help us shape the future of senior living?
We’ve got a place for you.
Make Fleet Landing Continuing Care Retirement Community in Atlantic Beach, Florida the next chapter in your story.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace.